Sun MicroSystem provides a directory structure which is required to maintain for creating web applications in Java. This directory structure is used to any web application server independent.
Following are major requirements of a Directory Structure :-
- Root folder is required for an application with any name.
- A Sub-folder named WEB-INF is required within root folder.
- Two sub-folder named Classes and Lib is required under WEB-INF.
- Lib folder will have all Jar files.
- SRC folder is placed in root folder for all java files.
- Any other folder can exists in root directory or WEB-INF folder.
- Classes folder will host all .class files.
Above all directory structure is mandatory for creating a web application.