How to make jasmine rice
Jasmine rice is considered as one the finest rice variety among all the varieties and is consumed wholeheartedly in Asian continent. What makes jasmine rice special is it’s sweet cooked scent and delicious flavour admired by all the cooking specialists. After reading these methods of cooking jasmine rice, you will be able to self prepare hot and tasty jasmine rice and serve it to your special ones.
Let’s get started:
- Among all the authentic brands selling jasmine rice, go for the best one, most preferably choose Thailand Jasmine rice if possible, otherwise settle for the best available at the moment.
- Take a cup full of jasmine rice and rinse it in water (cool) until clear water comes out and the milky water seizes to flow.
- Once the rice is cleared, take 2 cups of water along with jasmine rice and a spoon of common salt in a saucepan and fully boil this mixture.
- As the mixture is in boiling phase, bring down the temperature of burner and keep it still for 10 minutes. When the water will get totally absorbed by the rice, turn off the burner.
- Now take a fork / spatula and thoroughly fluff the jasmine rice and let it rest for 10 – 15 minutes.
- After that your delicious jasmine rice is ready to be served.
- Take a large sized saucepan and add two tablespoons of olive oil to it and keep it at a medium temperature on a burner.
- Under the same circumstances, mix up two tablespoons of chopped onion along with sauté and keep it still. You will notice golden colouring in onion after few minutes.
- Now it’s the time to add 1 ½ cup of jasmine rice along with 1cup of green peas and one bay leaf. Keep stirring the mixture at the same temperature until the jasmine rice gets coated with a film.
- After that add adequate amount of salt for good taste and 3 cups of water too.
- Now heat the prepared jasmine rice pilaf at lower temperature and let it settle for 35-40 minutes before serving.
Tips you should know about:
- You can seal jasmine rice in a container and keep it stored in your refrigerator up to 4 days without getting deteriorated.
- Most common rule of cooking rice is to add a cup of rice with 2 cups of water and it works perfectly.