How to make plaster
Plaster is an ideal material which can be used for crafting beautiful shaped objects. The products made of plaster are durable as well as light weight. You can make Halloween masks out of plaster at your home; carve the plaster into perfect toys and dolls because of its extraordinary softness. Now you don’t even need to buy plaster from outside because after reading this guide you will be able to make plaster in your kitchen easily.
This is the easiest way to make plaster in your kitchen because all the materials required are already available in kitchen.
- The things you will need to make plaster are a bowl, a spoon and warm water.
- Now pour 2 full cups of flour in bowl and add one cup of warm water to it.
- Now mix these two ingredients together until you get a fine paste of flour without lumps.
- That’s it! Your plaster is ready to be used while it is warm. After cooling down, it won’t be of any use to you so create your projects while it’s warm.
It’s also a quick and efficient way to make plaster on the go. The things required in this process are few cups of warm water, white glue, bowl and spoon.
- Mix 1 cup of warm water with 2 cups of white glue and keep stirring.
- In the meantime, keep adding more water and continue to stir.
- Continue the process till you get a soupy mixture of white glue and water.
- Now this homemade plaster is ready to be used. But you should know that plaster manufactured out of this process will take more time to dry than the previous one.
In case you are making this homemade plaster for creating a mask for Halloween party, then you need to tag along these steps:
- Prepare the plaster from one of the two processes already showed above.
- After that lay down the person for whom the mask is being crafted.
- To avoid pain while removing the dried mask, add some petroleum jelly on the persons face
- Rub the plaster over the persons face layer by layer by using wet bandage strips. To make the mask stronger, construct three layers of plaster strips over the persons face. Give a little break to each layer for settling down and then build another one.
- After all the layers are constructed, wait for the mask to dry and when person feels his face is detached from the surface of mask, gently remove the mask.
- Now you can add extra accessorial things to the mask like rubber band at the back for holding the mask and use sandpaper to make the surface of mask smoother. Use multicoloured paints and strips to decorate your custom designed mask.