Overview of Java
Java is one of the programming language or innovation utilized for creating web applications. Java language created at SUN Micro systems in the year 1995 under the direction of James Gosling and there group. Initially SUN Small scale Frameworks is one of the Scholastic college (Standford College System)
Whatever the product created in the year 1990, SUN Miniaturized scale Frameworks has discharged on the name of oak, which is unique name of java (experimentally oak is one of the tree name). The OAK has taken year and a half to create.
The oak can’t satisfy all necessities of the business. So James Gosling again surveys this oak and discharged with the name of java in the year 1995. Logically java is one of the espresso seed name.
Java is divided in three following categories
- J2SE (Java 2 Standard Edition)
- J2EE (Java 2 Enterprise Edition)
- J2ME (Java 2 Micro or Mobile Edition)
Java Version SE 7
J2SE 1.2 is called as Dolphin and it is released on 28 July, 2011.
- Strings in switch Statement
- Type Inference for Generic Instance Creation
- Multiple Exception Handling
- Support for Dynamic Languages
- Try with Resources
- Java nio Package
- Binary Literals, underscore in literals
- Diamond Syntax
- Automatic null Handling
Java Version SE 6
J2SE 1.2 is called as Mustang and it is released on 11 December, 2006.
- Scripting Language Support
- JDBC 4.0 API
- Java Compiler API
- Pluggable Annotations
- Native PKI, Java GSS, Kerberos and LDAP support.
- Integrated Web Services.
- Lot more enhancements.
J2SE Version 5.0
J2SE 1.2 is called as Tiger and it is released on 30 September, 2004.
- Enhanced for Loop
- Typesafe Enums
- Static Import
- Metadata (Annotations)
J2SE Version 1.4
J2SE 1.2 is called as Merlin and it is released on 6 February, 2002.
- XML Processing
- Java Print Service
- Logging API
- Java Web Start
- JDBC 3.0 API
- Preferences API
- Chained Exception
- IPv6 Support
- Regular Expressions
- Image I/O API
J2SE Version 1.3
J2SE 1.2 is called as Kestrel and it is released on 8 May, 2000.
- Java Sound
- Jar Indexing
- A huge list of enhancements in almost all the java area.
J2SE Version 1.2
J2SE 1.2 is called as playground and it is released on 8 December, 1998.
- Collections framework.
- Java String memory map for constants.
- Just In Time (JIT) compiler.
- Jar Signer for signing Java ARchive (JAR) files.
- Policy Tool for granting access to system resources.
- Java Foundation Classes (JFC) which consists of Swing 1.0, Drag and Drop, and Java 2D class libraries.
- Java Plug-in
- Scrollable result sets, BLOB, CLOB, batch update, user-defined types in JDBC.
- Audio support in Applets.
JDK Version 1.1
JDK 1.1 is released on 19 januray, 1997
- JDBC (Java Database connectivity)
- Inner Classes
- Java Beans
- RMI (Remote Method Invocation)
- Reflection(introspection only)
JDK Version 1.0
JDK 1.0 is called as OAK, and it is released on 23 januray, 1996.