Static Import In Java
Static import is a feature which provides the facility to access static members of a class directly without using class name.
Advantages of static import:
It reduces the code by removing the need of class name to access static data members.
Disadvantages of static import:
1. It reduces the code readability because of class name absence.
2. If two classes have static data member with same name and both classes are statically imported. Then java will throw compile time error.
Difference between import and static import.
|| static import
- 1. Access classes and interfaces without package name.
- 2. Accessibility is for classes and interfaces.
- 3. import not result in a unreadable code.
- 4. No code conflict.
- 1. Access static members without class and interface name.
- 2. Accessibility is for static data members.
- 3. Static import can result in an unreadable code.
- 4. Code conflict can occur.